DEITY OF CHRIST

Monday, January 5, 2015

Learning from Job : I will just shut up

Completed all 42 chapters. Getting some idea about the issues from the arguments offered for and against Job. The comforters were accusers. It is presumptuous to judge why bad things happen to anyone. God only knows. As Job did after hearing God let us also "shut up" (I lay my hands on my mouth. Job 40:4)

First lesson then is "Just shut up" . Humble myself and accept my finitude. Infinitesimal-ness describes our knowledge and understanding best.

All the friends of Job reason typically like us. God declares they are wrong. It means we are also wrong. Again "just shut up".

I should learn to "shut up" and not try to explain "everything" with my infinitesimal knowledge, understanding, wisdom and experience.

It was a really humbling experience. "I lay my hands on my mouth". Job 40:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment